Polished Diamond Course
This course is fast-paced and will quickly bring you to a level where you can identify, grade and price diamonds according to international grading and trading practices. It will give you a thorough understanding of the grading standards followed worldwide and is ideally suited for individuals with tight time constraints.
- Evolution of diamonds from origin to market
- Mining process and morphology of rough diamonds
- Manufacturing stages from rough to polished
- Clarity, color, cut and carat weight estimation and evolution
- Grading of fancy shaped diamonds
- Identification of treatments, imitations and synthetics diamonds
- Factors affecting diamond pricing
- Intensive lab sessions
- Training and practical work using diamonds ranging from 0.15 carat to above a carat
- Limited number of participants to guarantee maximum attention to individual candidates
- Informative manual and grading kit sourced from IGI Headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium
- Guided tour of the IGI laboratory and research facilities
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry mostly became: entrepreneur, gemologist, freelancer, buyer, salesperson, quality control supervisor, investor, jewelry retailer, manufacturer, etc.
- GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST, G.G.
(Polished Diamond + Rough Diamond + Colored Stones courses)
- DIAMOND GRADUATE, D.G.
(Polished Diamond + Rough Diamond courses)